U.S. media outlets have been going into overdrive over Justin Bieber's potty-mouthed outburst against former president Bill Clinton.
It's a rather amusing list:
• Bieber is jealous that Clinton has been spending time with his mentor, Usher. (In fact, Usher even ripped his pants in front of his friend from Arkansas.)
• Bieber is buddies with Barack Obama, and is sticking up for his friend who has been undermined by Clinton on Syria.
• It's cool to for "young, ridiculous celebrities" to diss U.S. presidents.
• Bieber opposes NAFTA, which Clinton implemented.
• Clinton's photo was on the wall when Bieber went berserk—and if the photo had been of anyone else, that person would have been on the receiving end of an expletive.
I could write five theories about why media outlets are focusing so much attention on Bieber's antics, but I suspect that the only real answer is that the pop star has nearly 42 million followers on Twitter.