Canucks Roberto Luongo and Dan Hamhuis to represent Team Canada at 2014 Sochi Olympics
Seven Canucks will fly to Russia this February to participate in the 2014 Winter Olympic Games.
Roberto Luongo has been selected as one of three goaltenders. In 2010, it was Lunogo in net for Canada’s overtime gold medal win over the United States.
Luongo will be joined on Team Canada by Smithers-born Dan Hamhuis.
Daniel and Henrik Sedin will reclaim the spots they held in 2010 playing for Sweden and be joined by Canucks defenceman Alex Edler, who will be competing in the Olympics for his first time.
Ryan Kesler is slated to play for Team USA and Yannick Weber for Sweden.
Here’s the complete lineup for Canada’s men’s ice hockey team for 2014:
- Roberto Luongo, Vancouver Canucks
- Carey Price, Montreal Canadiens
- Mike Smith, Phoenix Coyotes
- Jay Bouwmeester, St. Louis Blues
- Drew Doughty, Los Angeles Kings
- Dan Hamhuis, Vancouver Canucks
- Duncan Keith, Chicago Blackhawks
- Alex Pietrangelo, St. Louis Blues
- P.K. Subban, Montreal Canadiens
- Marc-Edouard Vlasic, San Jose Sharks
- Shea Weber, Nashville Predators
- Jamie Benn, Dallas Stars
- Patrice Bergeron, Boston Bruins
- Jeff Carter, Los Angeles Kings
- Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Matt Duchene, Colorado Avalanche
- Ryan Getzlaf, Anaheim Ducks
- Chris Kunitz, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Patrick Marleau, San Jose Sharks
- Rick Nash, New York Rangers
- Corey Perry, Anaheim Ducks
- Patrick Sharp, Chicago Blackhawks
- Steven Stamkos, Tampa Bay Lightning
- John Tavares, New York Islanders
- Jonathan Toews, Chicago Blackhawks