Are you curious about Bitcoin? Or do you already have a digital wallet full of the cryptocurrency?
Either way, this weekend offers a can't-miss chance to explore the possibilities of Bitcoin and other digital currencies. CoinFest 2014 is scheduled to take place on Saturday and Sunday (February 15 and 16) in downtown Vancouver.
Like Bitcoin itself, CoinFest is decentralized. Several different venues are involved. Here's a quick list of the planned events (linked to their Facebook pages).
• Art and trade show: 12 to 4 p.m., Vancouver English Centre (250 Smithe Street).
• Currency and commodity exchange: 4 to 10 p.m., Doolin's Irish Pub (654 Nelson Street).
• Game room: 4 to 10 p.m., India Gate (616 Robson Street).
• Mining and hardware demonstration: 4 to 10 p.m., Waves Coffee House (100-900 Howe Street).
• Currency conference: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Segal Graduate School of Business (500 Granville Street).
There's more info on the CoinFest website. Events are also planned in Edmonton, Winnipeg, and other cities.