Did you two-wheel it to the office during Bike to Work Week (May 26 to June 1)? If so, you were in good company.
HUB Cycling says its spring 2014 edition of Bike to Work Week smashed records, with 7,579 registrants, including 1,668 newbies.
Compare that to spring 2013, which saw 4,604 registrants in Metro Vancouver.
Almost 600 organizations fielded workplace teams, and 58 percent of registrants were women.
The following organizations won awards for the best Bike to Work Week results in their category:
- Best (size 1-10): Boni Maddison Architects
- Best (size 11-25): AMS Bike Coop
- Best (size 26-100): Zaber Technologies
- Best (101-250): Automotive Fuel Cell Corporation
- Best (251-500): Arc'teryx
- Best (501-1000): City of North Vancouver
- Best (size 1000+): University of British Columbia
- Best in School: Hamber Secondary School
- Best in Health: Vancouver Coastal Health
- Best in Business: Mountain Equipment Coop
- Best in Other: BC Hydro
- Best in Not for Profit: Science World
- Best in Higher Education: University of British Columbia
- Best in Government: City of Vancouver
HUB has put on Bike to Work Week since 2007 in order to promote commuter cycling.