Vancouver Water Fight 2014 to soak Stanley Park this Saturday
The weather forecast for Saturday (August 9) is sunny with a high of 23 degrees Celsius. In other words, it's the perfect day to get totally soaking wet.
On Saturday, the eighth annual Vancouver Water Fight is coming to Lumberman's Arch in Stanley Park. Billed as the city's largest water fight, the event gets underway at 1 p.m.
Here's the rules of engagement, from the organizers:
1) This is a water fight - don't bring any other weapons apart from water pistols, WATER BOMBS ARE MESSY SO CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF - littering is a crime and we love out planet.
2) We are not going to be your parents, nor are we going to be the police, if you see some one doing something stupid tell them to stop - if you're doing something stupid - don't, you're going to ruin it and this has the potential to be a massive laugh.
3) Dress for the occasion, your going to get WET ! shorts, bikinis, flippers, floaty arm bands, giant shark costume, whatever?
4) Don't terrorize the public - if they want to get involved, let them. THIS IS AN OPEN INVITATION.
5) Don't bring camera's, unless they are waterproof. They're going to get wet and DON'T come complaining when they don't work. There will be plenty of other people around devoted to taking pictures, there always is.
6) This is a LAUGH, don't take it too seriously, and don't beat each other up over it (close up shooting and all that).
7) Don't leave any mess behind!!! We come and then go (the place looks the same as it does when we came, that includes plastic bottles e.t.c)
8) DON'T GET THE ARMED POLICE DEPLOYED BY BRINGING WATER PISTOLS THAT LOOK LIKE REAL GUNS!!!!!!!!!
9) Please try not to use more water than you have to - preserve your supplies...... REMEMBER there could be a water ban this summer.
10) If anyone asks who's organized it - we all happened to be in the same place at the same time. Amazing, isn't it?
11) No one get naked in the fountain - you could be arrested.
12) No dyed water - it stains cloths AND it could stain the pavements..... Not good, it's vandalism.
13) SPREAD THE WORD !!!!
14) OK, get naked, but I can't promise there will be a fountain...
Over 2,200 people have said they are going on Facebook, but you know how that goes.