P/T Opportunity Production Department
The Georgia Straight Production department has a part-time opportunity for an individual with excellent pre-press skills and a high level of knowledge in a digital production environment. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the design, processing and manipulating of client-supplied artwork to produce ads for print. This position will work with the Production team to layout, prepare and proof all newspaper pages for being press ready.
The position requirements are:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a pre-press environment
- Understanding of printing processes, including spot colour, and ability to troubleshoot printing problems at the pre-press stage
- Thorough knowledge of PDF standards
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe CS6 Suite software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- The ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
If you meet these requirements and are looking for a challenging position in a fast-paced environment, please submit your resumé, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.