Nintendo Wii U console set for November 18 release in Canada
During a preview event in New York City today (September 13), Nintendo announced that its Wii U console will be launching in Canada and the U.S. on November 18.
The Wii U will be available in two configurations. The Basic Set, coloured in white and with an 8 GB storage capacity, will be priced at $299.99. The black Deluxe Set, with a 32 GB hard drive, will be $349.99.
Most users will be looking to purchase a Wii U for video games, but the console will also be equipped with Nintendo TVii, which enables video streaming from live and on-demand sources such as Netflix. Full details about how TVii will work in Canada were not revealed.
Both retail versions include one tablet-like GamePad controller, a sensor bar, and an HDMI cable. The Deluxe Set also includes a console stand, a charging cradle and stand for the GamePad, and a copy of the game Nintendo Land.
Nintendo also announced a number of games in development for the Wii U and planned for release between November 18 and March 31, 2013. They include:
• 007 Legends (Activision)
• Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
• Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (Warner Bros. Interactive)
• Darksiders II (THQ)
• Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (Disney Interactive)
• FIFA Soccer 13 (EA)
• LEGO City: Undercover (Nintendo)
• Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Ubisoft)
• Mass Effect 3 (EA)
• Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom)
• New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo)
• Pikmin 3 (Nintendo)
• Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
• Scribblenauts Unlimited (Warner Bros. Interactive)
• Skylanders Giants (Activision)
• Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
• Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Namco Bandai)
• Trine 2: Director’s Cut (Frozenbyte)
• ZombiU (Ubisoft)