Top movies in Canada, August 7 to 13: Quebec romances are in the air
Fifty Dead Men Walking sank two spots to number five in the top Canadian film charts, which was once again dominated by Quebec offerings.
De pí¨re en flic hung on to the top spot for its sixth consecutive week (even though it closed in 15 theatres), followed by Ken Scott's comedy Les doigts croches.
Romance seems to be in the air (literally, in one particular case). New to the top five are Sophie Lorain's Les grandes chaleurs, about a love affair between a 52-year-old woman and a 20-year-old guy, and Mariloup Wolfe's romantic drama about a love triangle between skydivers, Les pieds dans le vide. The latter only played for two days in the specified time period but grossed $76,310 from 40 theatres.
Here are the top films in Canada during the week of August 7 to 13.
Top Canadian films (August 7 to 13)
1. De pí¨re en flic ($741,953, 100 theatres)
2. Les doigts croches ($371,025, 64 theatres)
3. Les grandes chaleurs ($314,025, 61 theatres)
4. Les pieds dans le vide ($76,310, 40 theatres)
5. Fifty Dead Men Walking ($54,247, 16 theatres)
Top international films in Canada (August 7 to 13)
1. G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
2. Julie & Julia
3. The Ugly Truth
4. Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince
6. Funny People
7. A Perfect Getaway
8. De pí¨re en flic
9. Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
10. Aliens in the Attic