TransLink plans open houses on bus route changes
Metro Vancouver's regional transportation authority is asking for public feedback on a number of proposed changes to bus routes and service levels.
TransLink has scheduled four open houses in Richmond (February 3), Burnaby (February 4), North Vancouver (February 6), and Delta (February 13).
The authority will also accept input online from February 3 to 19.
TransLink is proposing changes to the following routes:
- 49 Metrotown Station/Dunbar Loop/UBC
- 116 Edmonds Station/Metrotown Station
- 404 Ladner Exchange/Brighouse Station
- 606/608 Ladner Ring
- C15 Indian River/Deep Cove/Phibbs Exchange
- C96 East Cambie/Brighouse Station
TransLink wants to reduce the following bus routes from two trips per hour to one trip per hour during off-peak periods:
- C43/C44 Haney Place/Maple Meadows/Meadowtown
- C50 Ocean Park/Peace Arch Hospital
- C51 Ocean Park/White Rock Centre
- C52 Seaside/Whiterock Centre
- C53 Cranley Drive/White Rock Centre
- C9 New Westminster Station/Lougheed Station
- C93 Riverport/Steveston
According to TransLink, the proposed changes are due to "service optimization".