Senior Web Programmer
The Georgia Straight, is seeking an experienced and innovative Senior Web Programmer to join our Web Department for a contract position with the potential for a permanent position.
This individual will be responsible for the programming and implementation of custom applications for our website. The successful candidate will need to understand web architecture, be able to build custom web applications, and be able to develop clean, well-documented, code that is tightly integrated with other systems. Working with the web team, and using a variety of programming languages and software, this person will ensure that projects are approached with creativity and professionalism and completed according to established timelines.
Key Activities and Duties
- Develops detailed prototypes and interfaces for website applications
- Designs, constructs and manages MySQL databases
- Manages web server test environments (LAMP)
- Creates and maintains database-driven web applications using appropriate programming languages (primarily PHP)
- Integrates online applications with various client back-end systems
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Excellent knowledge of web-based content management systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and pick up new technologies quickly
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibilities
- Self-motivated, analytical, and very detail-oriented
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume including salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.