Remember Joey Jeremiah from Degrassi Junior High? Or know him from Degrassi: The Next Generation?
Well, Pat Mastroianni is starring in the Canadian feature 40 is the New 20, a comedy about a stockbroker who sabotages his ex-girlfriend's attempt to find a new boyfriend.
During the week of May 29 to June 4, even though it played in two theatres, and came in at number five on the Canadian film charts with a box office gross of $3,200, it couldn't beat Dédé, í travers les brumes, which is only playing in one theatre but drew in $4,233.
Mothers&Daughers reappeared in the top five, playing in four theatres and grossing $4,280. One Week and Polytechnique dropped out of the top five.
Here are the top films at the Canadian box office for the week of May 29 to June 4. (For the past weekend's box office result, see the chart in the righthand column.)
Top five Canadian films
1. Adoration ($12,386, 8 theatres)
2. Fierce Light: When Spirit Meets Actions ($5,491, 2 theatres)
3. Mothers&Daughters ($4,280, 5 theatres)
4. Dédé, í travers les brumes ($4,233, 1 theatre)
5. 40 is the New 20 ($3,200, 2 theatres).
Top 10 films international films in Canada
2. Terminator Salvation
3. Angels & Demons
4. Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian
5. Star Trek
6. Drag Me to Hell
7. Millenium—Le Film
8. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
9. Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
10. Dance Flick