With travelling and mass-gathering restrictions, several more Vancouver shows have had to either pull the plug or postpone.
Yesterday, B.C. Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry called for the cancellation of any gatherings of more than 250 people.
- Paris! The Show dates in Victoria & Vancouver have been cancelled, with no plans to reschedule.
- Carousel Theatre is cancelling all remaining performances of The House at Pooh Corner at the Waterfront Theatre; it was slated to run until March 29. The nonprofit says the financial impact will be "considerable".
- Between Breaths at the Shadbolt and Firehall has been cancelled with a possibility of returning later in the year.
- and the Sonic Boom Music Festival has postponed the event from its original dates of March 19 and 20. Vancouver Pro Musica said, "we do not know when this unfortunate situation will return to normal, such that we can offer concerts that ensure your safety, well-being, and offers you and all our audience an enjoyable artistic experience. We will keep you informed of further developments."
- Shen Yun will no longer happen at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre on March 13.
- The Chopin Society's Dina Yoffe show has been cancelled at the Vancouver Playhouse March 13.
- The Vancouver Symphony Orchestra's show of The Beethoven Experience: A Most Remarkable Night I with pianist Saleem Ashkar on March 13 at the Orpheum is cancelled.