New Westminster's Massey Theatre has announced a number of live performances as part of its 2021-2021 season.
The season will kick off with a concert by Martha Wainwright on November 16 of this year and wind up with the theatrical Australian music and dance show Hot Brown Honey in the fall of 2022.
“We are so proud to have made it through this pandemic as an organization," says Massey Theatre Society executive director Jessica Schneider. "We’ve pulled together one of our most exciting programs ever to bring people back to cultural experiences."
Here's the full schedule announced today:
* November 6: Canadian singer-songwriter Martha Wainwright performs tunes from latest album Love Will Be Reborn.
* November 2021: B.C. music legend Bill Henderson of Chilliwack fame performs a solo concert.
* January 28, 2022: International Guitar Night features performances by Germany's Lulo Reinhardt, Australia's Stephanie Jones, Russia's Alexandr Misko, and Italy's Eleanora “Lele” Strino.
* February 3, 2022: Canadian comedian Shaun Majumder performs his new show, Love.
* February 15-27, 2022: Performances of the Arts Club Theatre's Noises Off, by Michael Frayne.
* March 12, 2022: Solo performance by musical artist and storyteller Iskwē.
* Spring 2022: Over the Ridge, a multi-disciplinary concert exploring the realities and lore of Vimy Ridge, featuring folk-rock band the Fugitives, the dancers of Ballet BC, and spoken word by Brendan McLeod.
* Fall 2022: Hot Brown Honey, a theatrical show from Australia smashing stereotypes through dance, spoken word, hip hop, and performance art.
For more information and to purchase tickets go here.