“It is fabulous to be welcoming people back to live music performances," says Firehall artistic producer Donna Spencer in a press release, "and with such an amazing range of musical talent. I think this series is fast becoming a must-hear event in the Vancouver summer season!”
The lineup is as follows:
* M’Girl (percussive hand-drum songs) July 30, 7 pm.
* Haram (Arabic avant-garde ensemble) July 31, 7 pm.
* Gentle Party (lush soundscapes and harmonies) August 1, 7 pm.
* Small Town Artillery (rock 'n' roll band with a horn section, with guest opener Aza Nabuko) August 4-5, 7 pm.
* Microcosmos Quartet (string quartet performs masterworks by Franz Schubert and Thomas Adès) August 6, 7 pm.
* The C.R. Avery Orchestra (presented with the Vancouver Folk Music Festival) August 7, 7 pm.
* Only a Visitor (vocal-driven art-pop/indie) August 8. 3 pm.
* Emily Molloy (soul, blues, and rock and roll) August 12, 7 pm.
* Murray Porter (soulful blues piano man from Six Nations of the Grand River Territory) August 13, 7 pm.
* Mohamed Assani Trio (sitar music from latest album Wayfinder) August 14, 7 pm.
* Tonye Aganaba (uplifting funk and soul) August 15, 3 pm.
* Ad Mare (woodwind quintet, with guest artist Julia Nolan) August 20, 7 pm.
* The History of Gunpowder (blues-inspired orchestrated chaos with an experimental tendency) August 21, 7 pm.
* Rumba Calzada (mix of salsa, jazz, and Afro-Cuban rhythms) August 22, 3 pm.
* Ophelia Falling (symphonic metal) August 25, 7 pm.
* Quatuor André Lachance (music shaped by jazz and informed by pop, prog rock, and improvised ambient electronic textures) August 27, 7 pm.
* Electronica Night (an evening of progressive electronica with three local performers) August 28, 7 pm.
* Brad Turner Quartet (Vancouver quartet of keen, intuitive, and skilled masters of jazz) August 29, 3 pm.
* Made in Canada (an agricultural song cycle) September 2, 7 pm.
* Alvaro Rojas’ Gran Kasa (a 70s prog band, a salsa band, and a string quartet take a road trip together) September 3, 7 pm.
* Handmade Blade (improvisations and compositions from three musicians with a huge sonic palette) September 4, 7 pm.
* Alpha Yaya Diallo (Guinean-born singer and guitarist) September 5, 3 pm.
Tickets range from $20 to $40 and you can find them here.