Music on Main has just announced nine free outdoor concerts taking place this month.
All performances take place at 6:30 pm at Mount Pleasant Park, located at W. 16th Avenue and Ontario Street.
"Make yourself comfortable by bringing a chair or a blanket as we welcome you back safely and socially distanced to experience gorgeous music in the park," reads the event info on the Music on Main website. "The parks are also great for a post-concert picnic too. Why not escape the bustling of daily life and simply listen?"
The Summer Pop-Up Concert schedule:
* August 9: Saxophilia Saxophone Quartet, featuring Julia Nolan, soprano saxophone; Kris Covlin, alto saxophone; David Branter, tenor saxophone; and Colin MacDonald, baritone saxophone.
* August 10: Microcosmos String Quartet, featuring Marc Destrubé, violin; Andrea Siradze, violin; Tawnya Popoff, viola; and Rebecca Wenham, cello.
* August 11: Jennie Press, violin; Emilie Grimes, viola; and Olivia Blander, cello.
* August 12: Saina Khaledi, santour, and Ali Sajjadi, oud.
* August 13: Mark Takeshi McGregor, flute, and Adrian Verdejo, guitar.
* August 17: Infamy Too!, featuring Julia Chien and Aaron Graham, percussion.
* August 19: Rebecca Wenham, cello.
* August 26: Terry Riley’s In C with the Music on Main All-Star Band.
* August 31: J.S. Bach’s Goldberg Variations with Rachel Kiyo Iwaasa, piano.
For more info on the concerts and to see what else Music on Main has to offer go here.