By Paddi Rice
The Vancouver summer is here. Time to make your dating life sizzle!
The best thing about the summer dating season is the abundance of great, low-cost date ideas sure to make a positive impression on your special someone. The key is to get outdoors and let Mother Nature be your matchmaker.
Here are 10 “Can’t-Miss” Vancouver summer date ideas:
1. The picnic date Nothing says summer lovin’ like a picnic with your special someone. Pack some snacks and a bottle of wine and romance will soon follow.
2. Go fly a kite Take your date to Granville Island to buy a kite, then head to Vanier Park and watch it fly. Having fun is always a good dating strategy.
3. Summer cinema Spend a warm summer evening watching an outdoor movie at Stanley Park’s free ‘park after dark’ series. Click here for show times.
4. Festival fever Summer means festival season in Vancouver. Click here for more information.
5. Bard on the Beach Shakespeare, a beautiful outdoor setting, and a wine bar make a perfect dating combination. Click here for the full schedule.
7. Farmers markets For the healthy and community-minded couple, a visit to a local farmers market feels good, and tastes good too.
8. The Fair at the PNE Yes it's cliché, and yes it's fun! Scary rides, cheesy games, and stuffed animal prizes. You’ll both be smiling all the way to your next date. Click here for more info.
9. Lighthouse Park A true Vancouver gem! Take your date for a romantic walk, complete with breathtaking views of our city. Click here for more info.
10. Nat Bailey Stadium Hot dog fan or not, watching a baseball game at “The Nat” is an old-school date that won’t let you down. Click here for tickets.