It's the silly season in the news business. For proof, all you have to do is turn on CBC News and see an interview with a NORAD lieutenant-general discussing Santa Claus's travels around the world.
Yesterday, I posted a list of the 10 most right-wing journalists and broadcasters in the province. I accept the advice of commenters that broadcaster Jim Harrison should have been included. We don't get a chance to hear his rantings in the Lower Mainland.
Other commenters wanted a list of the most left-wing journalists. That's more challenging because there's a real shortage of them in the mainstream media because for the most part, they're persona non grata.
Right-wing blogger Dean Skoreyko commented on this phenomenon earlier this year on his site.
But to satisfy the commenters wanting me to name names of left wingers (What is this? The House Un-American Activities Committee?), I've cobbled together a list.
1. Donna Peterson, contributor, Wake Up With Co-op, Co-op Radio
2. Charles Boylan, host, Wake Up With Co-op, Co-op Radio
3. Kimball Cariou, editor, People's Voice
4. Dawn Paley, Vancouver Media Co-op
5. Mordecai Briemberg, Redeye contributor, Co-op Radio
6. Harsha Walia, contributor to various publications
7. Murray Dobbin, contributor to various publications
8. Tom Sandborn, contributor to various publications
9. Kim Elliott, publisher, Rabble
10. Gurpreet Singh, Radio India host and contributor to the Georgia Straight
The comment form is available below for anyone who takes exception to these choices.
Follow Charlie Smith on Twitter at twitter.com/csmithstraight.