One of Canada’s biggest cannabis producers has joined forces with a Canadian entertainment powerhouse.
Canopy Growth Corporation and Canadian rapper Drake (or Aubrey Drake Graham) announced today (November 7) that they will be working together on a new joint venture: the More Life Growth Company, which will launch in Drake’s hometown of Toronto, Ontario.
As a fully licensed cannabis producer, More Life will focus on “wellness, discovery, and overall personal growth with the hope of facilitating connections and shared experiences across the globe”, according to a news release. More details about the company will be forthcoming in the coming weeks.
Its cannabis production facility will be located in Scarborough, Ontario.
The name More Life draws on the title of Drake’s 2017 same-named mixtape.
Drake, whose career spans television and film, fashion, sports, and food and drink, has previously launched several brands and products, including bourbon-based whiskey Virginia Black.
Drake holds a 60 percent ownership interest while Canopy Growth retains ownership of the remaining 40 percent.
Canopy Growth, based in Smith Falls, Ontario, previously announced partnerships with Martha Stewart, Snoop Dogg, and Vancouver’s Seth Rogen and screenwriting partner Evan Goldberg, who cofounded Houseplant.
Canopy Growth operates Tweed and Tokyo Smoke retail stores across Canada.
In October, the executive vice president of New York state–based Constellation Brands, David Klein, became the new CEO of Canopy Growth, replacing former co-CEO Bruce Linton.