The Georgia Straight is currently accepting applications for the position of Accounting Clerk.
This role is responsible for payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND DUTIES
- ADP payroll administration
- Accounts payable
- Bank reconciliations
- General journal entries
- Government remittances
- Benefit plan maintenance
- Cash outs & daily bank deposits
- Credit reference checks
- Customer inquires
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position preferred
- Experience with payroll administration
- Knowledge of credit and collection policies and procedures
- Some post-secondary accounting training
- High level of attention to detail
- High level of discretion and professionalism in dealing with confidential information
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a deadline-oriented environment
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude essential
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, quoting competition #AC_GS1019 in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.