Choices

I was in a very safe marriage. Big house and a good guy but there was no excitement. I felt trapped. It was a life of excess but I wasn't happy. Money doesn't buy you happiness. I met an artist and he changed my life. He had this zest for life and excitement. I left my husband to be with this man. We were poor but so happy. Everyday was a new adventure. Don't waste your life with someone who is safe spend it with someone who lights your soul on fire.

21 Comments

Post a Comment

Great Idea!

Jun 23, 2019 at 10:18am

And then when you are done working at Walmart or McDonald's at 65, you can go on welfare and a paltry CPP and live it up in real style,right?
Oh but not you, as you got the house,plump alimony,the car,and more than half the retirement funds that he all spent his life paying for.
And you can move the broke artist in. And get the ex to pay for your two's month long "sabbatical" in Mexico every winter, while he works 6 days a week.
#Winning

Troll

Jun 23, 2019 at 10:22am

It's true that money doesn't buy happiness. But you're obviously the same troll.

18 7Rating: +11

Yeah...

Jun 23, 2019 at 10:25am

.. just use your husband until you get sick of him, then toss him away like a used automobile! You're a horrible psychopath. Dark triad fo sho.

Good post

Jun 23, 2019 at 11:24am

You also failed to mentioned you clearly did not love your husband, even with the money.
Money never brings happiness.
Always wondered how awesome it must be to have money AND love!

17 6Rating: +11

What happened to your artist?

Jun 23, 2019 at 11:53am

You speak of him in the past tense.

21 4Rating: +17

Marketing

Jun 23, 2019 at 1:16pm

"This message brought to you by an artist. Not an unbiased third-party review. Your artist mileage may vary."
I know mine has.
Almost every "creative" I've ever met, has been supremely self-centered. More often the "suck all the air out of the room" type of egotist. I can count the exceptions on the fingers of one hand.
More generally speaking, the more someone talks about their talents, creativity, empathy, generosity and virtues, the less of those things you will get from them. And the more they seem to focus on feelings, the less consistent (and often, less sensitive) they actually are.
Their feelings and needs matter. Other people's, not so much.
But they have great PR. Like you see here. Great for getting ass, that is. Amirite?

26 8Rating: +18

Congratulations

Jun 23, 2019 at 2:40pm

Sounds like you may have found it. Money can never buy your true soulmate.

9 4Rating: +5

Sorta seems

Jun 23, 2019 at 3:24pm

Like a fake post. Or you could set your own soul on fire by burning piles of money and laughing maniacally.

12 9Rating: +3

Being poor

Jun 23, 2019 at 4:39pm

starts to lose its glow after awhile.

16 5Rating: +11

Just weird

Jun 23, 2019 at 7:00pm

Weird because my own story is a bit similar. Except my ex husband was generally a pretty good guy, at least while we were together. ( a long marriage). We were completely dissimilar though, and ultimately i also felt like I was living someone else’s life. Eventually we agreed that separation was the best option. I was happy being single. No plans to get involved. I was busy with my professional career and was also busy with my art career on the side, when I met another artist. Without boring you with the details, suffice to say that the description another commenter made regarding self-absorbed artists pretty much completely describes that guy. We had an amazingly wonderful relationship for about 80% of the time, but the other 20% was awful. I just couldn’t take it finally, after almost 20 years of on and off. Now, I only want someone who doesn’t want to control me, or doesn’t need me to control him. Someone who can share everything, including, once in a while, the limelight! Someone who doesn’t suck all the air out of the room and take credit for everything good but no responsibility for anything else. Maybe I’m asking for the impossible, but if I don’t find it, I’m ready to die alone.

6 7Rating: -1

Join the Discussion

What's your name?