Case numbers continue to plummet across the province.
However, Interior Health had the most new cases, and the most active cases are in Vancouver Coastal Health.
B.C. update: July 2 to 5
According to a statement from the B.C. Ministry of Health, the province is reporting 87 new cases over the past three time periods, including:
- July 2 to 3: 30 new cases;
- July 3 to 4: 37 new cases;
- July 4 to 5: 20 new cases.
Currently, there are 652 active cases—a decrease of 77 cases since July 2.
The new and active cases include:
- 45 new cases in Interior Health (160 total active cases);
- 33 new cases in Fraser Health (193 total active cases);
- five new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health (245 total active cases);
- two people from outside of Canada (nine total active cases);
- one new case in Northern Health (34 total active cases);
- one new case in Island Health (11 total active cases).
Among the active cases, there are 85 individuals currently in hospital (14 fewer cases since July 2) and 22 in intensive care units (eight fewer since July 2).
Over the past three time periods, three deaths have been reported—one each in Vancouver Coastal Health, Interior Health, and Northern Health.
With 162 recoveries over the weekend, a cumulative total of 145,362 people who tested positive have now recovered.
Since the onset of the pandemic, B.C. has recorded a cumulative total of 147,790 COVID-19 cases.
In B.C.’s immunization program since December, the province has administered 5,288,644 doses of Pfizer, Moderna, and AstraZeneca vaccines.
As of today, 78 percent (3,613,370 individuals) of eligible people 12 and older in the province have received their first vaccine dose and 36 percent (1,668,268 individuals) have now received their second dose.
Outbreaks and exposures
Vancouver Coastal Health has declared outbreaks over at:
- Minoru Residence in Richmond (declared over on July 2), where three residents tested positive but there were no deaths;
- the Care Centre at Hollyburn House in West Vancouver (declared over today), where one resident and one staff member tested positive, and there weren’t any deaths.
Currently, there are five active healthcare outbreaks: Laurel Place, Eagle Ridge Hospital, Royal Inland Hospital, and Surrey Memorial Hospital in Fraser Health; and Rotary Manor Dawson Creek in Northern Health.
The B.C. Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) added the following flights to its public exposure lists (affected row information is listed at the BCCDC website when available):
- July 1: WestJet 3327, Kelowna to Vancouver;
- June 26: WestJet 100, Vancouver to Calgary;
- June 26: WestJet 3375, Calgary to Kelowna.
Meanwhile, Sobeys listed one employee who tested positive last worked on June 26 at the Safeway located at 4300 32nd Street in Vernon.