Every January, city-dwellers climb out from their cozy nests to take part in the annual Dine Out Vancouver Festival: Canada’s largest food and drink celebration.
The full list of participating restaurants for Dine Out 2019 has yet to be announced, but details regarding one of its popular events, the Vancouver World Chef Exchange, have been released.
In its fourth year, the culinary series will bring award-winning chefs from various cities around the world to Vancouver for multiple collaborative dinners. Kitchen heavyweights from Sydney, San Diego, Dusseldorf, Montreal, and London will be showcasing their talent in some of the most notable restaurants around town.
During each event, the visiting and local chefs will team up to create a multicourse meal that takes inspiration from the most popular dishes at their respective dining establishments. Cultural influences, favorite cuisines, and local and seasonal ingredients also have to be taken into account.
The 2019 Vancouver World Chef Exchange pairings are:
1. London’s chef Warren Geraghty (Rhubarb Hospitality Group) and Vancouver’s chef Felix Zhou (Heritage Asian Eatery)
2. Sydney’s Francesco Mannelli (Mode Kitchen & Bar at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney) and Vancouver’s Chef Edgar Kano (YEW seafood + bar at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver)
3. San Diego’s Chef Jason McLeod (Ironside Fish & Oyster) and Vancouver’s Chef Chris Janowski (Coquille Restaurant)
4. Dusseldorf’s Chef Sascha Stemberg (Haus Stemberg) and Vancouver’s Chef Tim Schulte and Chef David Mueller (Bauhaus Restaurant)
5. Montreal’s Chef Jérémie Bastien (Monarque) and Vancouver’s Chef JC Poirier (St. Lawrence Restaurant)
Presented by Aeroplan, the Vancouver World Chef Exchange runs January 22 to 31, 2019. Tickets are now available for purchase online.
The Dine Out Vancouver Festival takes place from January 18 to February 3, 2019. For information on the World Chef Exchange and other festival events, visit the Dine Out Vancouver website.