Eight local chefs will contribute their culinary talents for a dining event in support of a blossoming local festival.
The pink-tinged Sakura Night Gala will be held at 6:30 p.m. on May 5 at the Stanley Park Pavilion (610 Pipeline Road) to raise funds for the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival (VCBF), which presents over 23 free events.
The chefs will include:
- Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver executive chef Ken Nakano
- The Victor at Parq Vancouver executive sushi chef Kazuhiro Kawamoto
- Black + Blue chef de cuisine Will Lew
- Benkei Ramen executive chef Taka Omi
- Zen Japanese Restaurant executive chef Nobu Ochi
- Super Hiro executive chef Hiro Watanabe
- Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar pastry chef Kenta Takahashi
- Uno Gelato gelato maetsro James Coleridge
Each chef will prepare their Japanese-inspired dishes at food stations while a special Sakura G+T cocktail, featuring local Queensborough Omakase Japanese-style gin, and cherry blossoms, will be prepared by mixologist Christos Kalaitzis, in addition other drinks and tastings.
The evening will also include a silent auction.
Early-bird tickets are $150 (with a $70 tax receipt) before increasing to $175 on April 29.
Further information is available at the VCBF website.