Today is B.C.’s official B.C. Blueberries Day, which kicks off a celebration that runs until August 2.
Among the limited-time specials that can be found at participating eateries this summer are:
- B.C. blueberry cassis cheesecake croissants at Beaucoup Bakery in Vancouver;
- blueberry waffles at Krause Berry Farms and Estate Winery in Langley;
- B.C. blueberry scones and B.C. blueberry crostatas at Gabi and Jules in Port Moody;
- B.C. blueberry pie, B.C. blueberry halloumi salad, B.C. blueberry milkshakes, and cheesecake with B.C. blueberries at White Spot locations;
- frozen blueberry lemonade and blueberry milkshakes at Triple O’s locations;
- B.C. blueberry pie at Coastal Café on B.C. Ferries.
If you want to raise a glass at home, here’s a cocktail recipe courtesy of Jenny Mitchell of VV Tapas Lounge in Strathcona.
This drink, which is part of the lounge’s cocktail series celebrating local musicians, is inspired by the song ’Them Days’’ by Vancouver-based IAMTHELIVING, and uses Stillhead Blueberry Gin from Duncan, B.C.
1.5 oz Stillhead Blueberry Gin
0.5 oz limoncello
1 oz mint and honey syrup
1 oz fresh lemon juice
Built over ice.
Combine Stillhead Blueberry Gin, limoncello, mint honey syrup, and lemon juice.
Top with soda.
Garnish with B.C. blueberry skewer and fresh mint.