A brand of vegan, organic nutrition bars is recalling some specific products across Canada.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency announced on July 12 that Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC), Probar LLC, PSC Natural Foods, and Purity Life Health Products are recalling Probar brand bars because they contain milk and soy not declared on the label.
Anyone with allergies to milk or soy should not consume the recalled products as they could cause a life-threatening reaction.
According to the CFIA, the recall was triggered by a recall in another country but so far there haven’t been any reported reactions associated with the consumption of these products in Canada.
Probar LLC, based in Salt Lake City, Utah, stated in a July 11 news release that the company initiated a recall in the U.S. and Canada due to the undeclared presence of milk and soy allergens.
The recall list includes the following Probar products which are all 85 grams:
- The Simply Real Bar, Chocolate Coconut Flavour with UPC 8 53152 80066 6 and best before code 20-MA 03-0634;
- Chocolate Coconut with UPC 8 53152 10034 6 and best before code EXP APR 19 2020 and EXP MAY 03 2020;
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip with UPC 8 53152 10032 2 and best before code EXP APR 29 2020 and EXP MAY 06 2020;
- Original Trail Mix with UPC 8 53152 10001 8 and best before code EXP APR 29 2020;
- Wholeberry Blast with UPC 8 53152 10002 5 and best before code EXP MAY 01 2020;
- Superfood Slam with UPC 8 53152 10007 0 and best before code EXP MAY 02 2020.
Anyone who has these products should dispose of them or return them to the place of purchase.
Probar LLC stated in their news release that no other Probar products are affected.