Today's Vancouver Pride parade begins at noon at the corner of Thurlow and Robson streets, but road closures are already in place in the West End.
The parade will move west on Robson Street before turning left on Denman Street and then winding up on Pacific Street.
The following road are closed to traffic until 3:30 p.m.
- Thurlow Street from West Georgia to Nelson
- Alberni Street from Bute to Burrard
- Robson Street from Denman to Burrard
- Denman Street from West Georgia to Beach Avenue
- Beach Avenue/Pacific Street from Denman to Thurlow
It's possible to exit the West End via Nelson, Comox, Thurlow, Harwood, or Burnaby streets.
Motorists can enter the West End via Harwood, Burnaby, or Davie streets.
The City of Vancouver is asking anyone who's attending the parade to take transit, walk, bike, or roll whenever possible.
As a result of the Pride parade, TransLink is adjusting service on the following bus routes:
* 5 Robson/Downtown until the end of service on Sunday;
* 6 Davie/Downtown until the end of service on Sunday;
* 240 15th/Vancouver from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday;
* 246 Lonsdale Quay/Vancouver from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday;
* and 23 Main St. Station/Beach until 6 p.m. on Sunday.