This is not a great day for those hoping to travel by boat between Vancouver Island, the Gul Islands, and the B.C. mainland.
That's because heavy winds have led to cancellations on nine routes operated by B.C. Ferries:
1. Tsawwassen - Swartz Bay
2. Tsawwassen – Duke Point
3. Horseshoe Bay - Departure Bay
4. Tsawwassen - Southern Gulf Islands
5. Swartz Bay - Southern Gulf Islands
6. Powell River - Comox
7. Campbell River - Quadra Island
8. Quadra Island - Cortes Island
9. Hornby Island - Denman Island
"Reserved customers on affected sailings who have not yet checked in will have their reservation fees automatically refunded," B.C. Ferries states on its website. "Once sailings resume, customers will be loaded beginning with those reserved on the scheduled sailing, followed by the remaining customers in the order they arrived at the terminal."
Service could continue to be affected throughout the weekend.