One Canadian will have the chance to turn small potatoes into a major win.
MasterChef Canada and the Little Potato Company are holding the fourth annual competition for the best recipes utilizing little potatoes (also known as creamer potatoes) as ingredients.
Hundreds of entries were submitted and five finalists have been selected, and among them is an entry from British Columbia:
- Mini Thai Tornado Potatoes with Peanut Dipping Sauce (Joanna Vanderwolf, of Lillooet, B.C.)
- Cookies 'n’ Creamers No-Churn Ice Cream (Terri Gilson of Calgary, Alta.)
- Miniature Mediterranean-inspired Burger Sliders (Michelle Cai Chen of Toronto, Ont.)
- Little Potato Roses (Irene Leung of Port Dover, Ont.)
- Cheesy Chive Scotch Potatoes (Nancy Vago of Winona, Ont)
Each of the finalists have already won a Le Creuset casserole dish, a three-month supply of Little Potatoes, and an assortment of Little Potato Company promotional merchandise.
However, the winner takes home a grand prize that includes $10,000 cash, a 10-piece Le Creuset cook set, and a one-year supply of Little Potatoes.
The winning entry will be revealed at 10 a.m. tomorrow (December 19) on the Marilyn Denis Show with MasterChef Canada judge Michael Bonacini cooking the winning recipe.