Iron Chef Canada has announced a new batch of competitors set to appear on its second season, and two Vancouver chefs are among the line-up of talented culinary minds.
Stefan Hartmann, regional executive chef of Tacofino, and Giuseppe “Pino” Posteraro, chef and founder of Cioppinos Mediterranean Grill, will battle it out on separate episodes of the popular cooking show.
10 chefs across Canada will face-off against five of Canada’s Iron Chefs: Hugh Acheson, Amanda Cohen, Lynn Crawford, Rob Feenie, and Sursur Lee.
Each hour-long episode will see competitors challenge the Iron Chefs using secret ingredients in an intense cook-off.
Culinary expert Gail Simmons returns as host of the series, with food critic Chris Nuttall-Smith as floor reporter, and Vancouver’s Jai West as chairman. Rotating guest judges this season include Top Chef Canada resident judge Mijune Pak, restaurateur Brad Smith, and restaurant writer and photographer Renée Suen, among others.
Here’s the full list of competing chefs on the second season of Iron Chef Canada:
- Paul Boehmer, Toronto, Ont. – Chef/Owner of Böehmer
- Shane Chartrand, Enoch, Alta. –Chef and General Manager, SC Restaurant at River Cree Resort
- Fisun Ercan, Montreal, Que.– Executive Chef, Su Restaurant
- Jonathan Gushue, Joe Batt’s Arm, N.L. – Executive Chef, Fogo Island Inn
- Stefan Hartmann, Vancouver, B.C.– Regional Executive Chef, Tacofino
- Nick Hodge, Montreal, Que. – Chef/Owner, Icehouse
- Duncan Ly, Calgary, Alta. – Executive Chef and Owner, Foreign Concept Restaurant
- Giuseppe “Pino” Posteraro, Vancouver, B.C.– Chef/Founder/Proprietor, Cioppinos Mediterranean Grill
- Ivana Raca, Toronto, Ont.– Executive Chef and Partner, Ufficio Restaurant
- Scott Vivian, Toronto, Ont.– Chef and Owner, Beast Restaurant
Iron Chef Canada returns to Food Network Canada on August 28 at 10 p.m. PT.