Vancouver's role as Hollywood North has led to quite a concentration of superhero and fantasy TV series being shot here.
That's good news for fansters, as that means quite a number of the stars are available for events like Fan Expo Vancouver. Rather than undertaking the arduous task of hunting down the productions, fans can meet and greet with cast members, and attend sessions where they will be answering questions about their shows.
The 2017 edition will run from Friday (November 10) to Sunday (November 12).
For those wanting more insights into their favourite shows or stars, Q&A sessions will be held with:
- The Flash's Grant Gustin, Carlos Valdes, Danielle Panabaker, Tom Cavanagh, and Candice Patton;
- Arrow's Paul Blackthorne, Neal McDonough, and David Ramsey;
- X-Men's Famke Janssen (Jean Grey);
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow's Brandon Routh;
- Bones' T.J. Thyne and Michaela Conlin
- iZombie's Rose McIver, Rahul Kohli, and Aly Michalka
- Riverdale's Lochlyn Munro
- Animaniac's Rob Paulsen
- Uncharted's Nolan North and Troy Baker
For fans of nostalgia, there are a few stars from past TV series, including:
- Happy Days' Henry Winkler;
- Degrassi Junior High's Pat Mastroianni, Stacie Mistysyn, Kirsten Bourne, and Stefan Brogren
Unfortunately, appearances by Arrow's Stephen Amell, DC's Legends of Tomorrow's Caity Lotz; and Stargate SG-1's Michael Shanks have been cancelled.
Many of these stars will also appear for autograph sessions and celebrity photo ops (some individually and others in groups).
That's all in addition to a slew of other events, including a sessions with Ghost Wars writing team, sketch duels, cosplay panels, speed-dating (divided into hetero and LGBT sessions), anime game shows, a steampunk costume bazaar, a droid hunt, a Star Wars cantina band performance, a lip sync battle, workshops, seminars, and plenty more.
For full details, visit the Fan Expo Vancouver website.