Alan Saldanha: Helping Hand Party believes in assisting British Columbians in need
Helping others in need is the focus of the Helping Hand Party. We believe that helping others unconditionally provides for a meaningful existence. We support the needs of the economically underprivileged and seek to create a sustainable and robust economy for British Columbia. We strive to protect our environment.
• We encourage the use of ethanol-blended gas for motor vehicles to reduce carbon emissions. These blends are currently available at Husky and Fas Gas.
• To provide special lanes for electric mopeds and gas-driven two-wheelers on avenues if not on streets in the Lower Mainland.
• We oppose the construction of the Enbridge pipeline through northern B.C. because of Enbridge’s unenviable record of an average of 60 oil spills per year.
• We propose one-on-one math tutoring for weak students from Grade 6 and 7 for six months at $8 per hour to be borne by the parent of the student.
• We oppose the proliferation of casinos and slot machines that are causing distress among seniors in the province. Limits on betting by seniors.
• We are for reduction in wait times for surgical procedures and licensing of foreign nurses to practice in B.C. After a three-month re-training.
• We support subsidized childcare at $10 per day per child with the balance amount to be paid by the province.
• The additional costs of childcare are to be offset by the proposed increase in LNG exports.
• We oppose the wooing of ethnic groups by mass apologies and special funds to appease them solely with the purpose of soliciting votes.
• We support tie-ups with Washington-Alaska state ferries as a measure of cost saving and also building a road between Powell River and Squamish.
• We are fielding just one candidate from Surrey-Newton who will not use hoardings, banners, posters, and lawn signs but instead rely on meeting voters in person.
• All costs for this candidate are to be borne from personal finances. We do not accept funds by way of donations nor do we have a membership fee.
Mar 25, 2013 at 3:57pm
Its today's need
Mar 25, 2013 at 7:31pm
And we give and give, but how is it going to be financed when BC is broke,
He metions nothing as to where the mony is comming from to do all these expensive things.
Can you say mega TAX INCREASE ,if it goes through.
Mar 26, 2013 at 5:27am
Good start,keep it up.Be careful for teething trouble and we have confident you will able to over come it efficiently
wish you best of luck. strong desire will offer you success to help needy people.
Apr 1, 2013 at 8:42pm
Dear Mr.Alan, it was a pleasure meeting you on Easter morning as strangers on the road. Your warmth and sense of purpose touched me. Your presence had an aura of innocence. God bless you. "Climbing a mountain from the other side" as you said will surely bear fruit some day. Your soul and the Lord residing in it will be immensely pleased, for sure. Good luck.
Apr 6, 2013 at 6:34pm
pray your aspirations are fulfilled. With love God bless.
May 8, 2013 at 7:41pm
May 11, 2013 at 6:38pm
Whats your stand on GMO labeling?