The Vancouver Police Department has issued a warning that a high-risk sexual offender will be living at a correctional halfway house in Vancouver.
Michael Wayne Carpenter is a 46-year-old white male who is serving a 10-year long-term supervision order. He has been convicted of three counts each of sexual assault with a weapon, forcible confinement, and uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm.
Police warn that he poses a risk to female children, teens, and adults.
He is 5'9" tall, weighs 180 pounds, and has short brown hair and blue eyes.
His supervision order has the following conditions:
- not to consume, purchase, or possess alcohol or drugs
- not to own, use or possess a computer, or any technological device that would allow access to the internet
- not to be in the presence of any female children under the age of 18, except in certain conditions
- not to purchase, acquire, possess or access pornography or sexually explicit material
- report all friendships, sexual relationships, and intimate relationships with women
- not to go to Kamloops, B.C.
- not to enter any private dwelling or places including, but not limited to hotels, motels, rooming houses, SRO residences, private residence/dwelling, or vehicles
If Carpenter is seen violating any of these conditions, witnesses are asked to call 911.