The province has announced 14 new appointments to the Order of British Columbia.
They were welcomed into this prestigious club of 489 British Columbians by Lieut.-Gov. Janet Austin on B.C. Day.
The list included former provincial politicians Joy MacPhail and Geoff Plant, former federal politicians Jody Wilson-Raybould and Gerry St. Germain, and Canadian soccer star Christine Sinclair.
“Their leadership and generous service has enhanced the lives of so many British Columbians and has contributed to shaping a better future for all residents of our province,” Austin said in a news release.
Appointed to the order for 2022 are:
- Dr. Nadine Rena Caron of Prince George
- Kúkpi7 (Chief) Rosanne Casimir of Kamloops
- Nezhat Khosrowshahi of Vancouver
- Kathy Kinloch of Surrey
- Joy MacPhail, CM, of Vancouver
- Fred Ting Shek Mah of Vancouver
- Harinder Mahil of Coquitlam
- Maureen Maloney, QC, of Victoria
- Geoff Plant, QC, of Vancouver
- Christine Sinclair, OC, of Portland, Ore.
- Paul Spong of Alert Bay
- Gerald St. Germain, PC, of Langley
- Jody Wilson-Raybould, PC, QC, of Quathiaski Cove
- Bruce Munro Wright of Vancouver
Their biographies are available here.