A public warning was issued this week that a high-risk sex offender will take up residence in Vancouver.
The Vancouver Police Department (VPD) issued a public notification on April 8 that 33-year-old John Ambrose Seward will be residing in Vancouver.
Seward is a convicted sex offender and he is serving a 10-year longterm supervision order for convictions of sexual assault, sexual assault with a weapon, and aggravated assault.
The VPD states that he “poses a significant risk to women in the community”.
He is described as an Indigenous male with a medium build who is 173 centimetres (five-feet, eight-inches) tall. He has short black hair and brown eyes.
He has several tattoos: “MS” on his left hand, flames on his left forearm, and a cross on his right forearm.
Seward must comply with the following conditions:
- he cannot consume, purchase or possess alcohol;
- he cannot consume, purchase or possess drugs other than prescribed medication;
- he cannot associate with any person believed to be involved in criminal activity or substance misuse;
- he must immediately report all contacts with females to his parole supervisor;
- he cannot go to Central Vancouver Island (Ladysmith, Nanaimo, Parksville);
- he cannot be in, near, or around any park;
- he must reside at a community correctional centre or a community residential facility or other residential facility.
Anyone who witnesses John Seward in violating any of these conditions is asked to call 911.More