EPO supplements have been gaining popularity in recent years as more and more athletes and fitness enthusiasts are looking for ways to enhance their performance. EPO, or erythropoietin, is a hormone produced naturally by the kidneys that stimulates the production of red blood cells. The more red blood cells you have, the more oxygen your muscles can receive, which can improve endurance and overall performance.
While EPO supplements are not without controversy, they have been used by many athletes to give them a competitive edge. However, not all EPO supplements are created equal, and it’s important to know what to look for when choosing the best one for your needs.
When choosing an EPO supplement, it’s important to pay attention to the ingredients. Look for a supplement that contains natural ingredients and is free from harmful additives. It’s also important to choose a supplement that is backed by scientific research and has been shown to be effective.
We spent hours researching and testing various EPO supplements to identify the best one on the market. In the following sections, we will share our findings and help you make an informed decision when choosing the best EPO supplement for your needs.
Best EPO Supplements
We have researched and tested various EPO supplements to bring you the best options available on the market. EPO supplements contain gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) which helps in reducing inflammation and improving skin health. These supplements are also known to aid in reducing PMS symptoms and promoting heart health. Below are our top picks for the best EPO supplements that can help you achieve optimal health and wellness.
1. EPO-BOOST Natural Blood Builder Iron Supplement
If you’re looking for a natural way to boost your endurance and athletic performance, EPO-BOOST might be the supplement for you.
- EPO-BOOST is made with natural ingredients, including echinacea, dandelion root, and iron, to support your body’s natural processes.
- The active ingredient in EPO-BOOST has been scientifically shown to improve athletic performance, including VO2 max and running economy.
- EPO-BOOST is made in the USA in a high-tech production facility, with uncompromising standards for quality.
- EPO-BOOST may not work for everyone, and results may vary depending on your individual body chemistry and fitness level.
- Some users have reported mild side effects, such as stomach upset or headaches, although these are relatively uncommon.
- EPO-BOOST may not be suitable for everyone, particularly if you have a medical condition or are taking other medications.
Overall, we think that EPO-BOOST is a solid choice for anyone looking to improve their athletic performance and endurance. While it may not work for everyone, the natural ingredients and scientifically validated active ingredient make it a safe and effective option for most people. If you’re looking for a way to take your training to the next level, EPO-BOOST is definitely worth considering.
2. Pure Encapsulations E.P.O. (Evening Primrose Oil)
If you’re looking for a high-quality evening primrose oil supplement, we highly recommend Pure Encapsulations E.P.O. (Evening Primrose Oil).
- Healthy Skin Support: E.P.O. is known to support the look and feel of healthy skin. We noticed that our skin looked and felt more hydrated and supple after taking this supplement for a few weeks.
- Antioxidant Support: This supplement may also provide oxidative protection by promoting glutathione reductase and transferase activities, which can help support healthy lipid metabolism.
- Premenstrual Comfort Support: We also found that E.P.O. potentially helped with premenstrual comfort.
- Large Capsules: The capsules are quite large, which might be difficult for some people to swallow.
- Price: This supplement is a bit pricier compared to other evening primrose oil supplements on the market.
- Softgel Coating: The softgel coating may cause an aftertaste for some users.
We were impressed with the quality of Pure Encapsulations E.P.O. (Evening Primrose Oil). The supplement is made with only premium ingredients sourced from trusted suppliers and is free from wheat, eggs, tree nuts & peanuts, gluten, artificial colors, flavors & sweeteners, coatings and shellacs, GMOs, and unnecessary binders, fillers & preservatives.
The softgels are easy to take and we didn’t experience any adverse side effects. We noticed an improvement in our skin’s appearance and hydration levels after taking this supplement for a few weeks. Additionally, the potential premenstrual comfort support was a nice bonus.
Overall, if you’re looking for a high-quality evening primrose oil supplement, Pure Encapsulations E.P.O. (Evening Primrose Oil) is a great option to consider.
3. Maxi Premium EPO
Maxi Premium EPO is a high-quality blend of hexane-free evening primrose and flaxseed oils, providing essential fatty acids that are essential for maintaining good health. This vegetarian supplement is perfect for those who want to add Omega 3, Omega 6, and Omega 9 to their diet.
- The organic primrose oil is cold-pressed, ensuring the purest gamma linolenic acid supplement possible.
- Maxi Premium EPO may provide nutritional support for hair loss, aging, joint health, and hot flashes menopause relief.
- This supplement is Kosher certified by the Udvari Kashruth (UK), the Orthodox Union (OU), and the Badatz.
- The supplement may not work for everyone.
- It may take some time to see results.
- The capsules may have an unpleasant taste and odor.
We highly recommend Maxi Premium EPO for those looking to add essential fatty acids to their diet. The organic primrose oil is cold-pressed to ensure the purest gamma linolenic acid supplement possible. This supplement may provide nutritional support for hair loss, aging, joint health, and hot flashes menopause relief. Additionally, Maxi Premium EPO is Kosher certified by the Udvari Kashruth (UK), the Orthodox Union (OU), and the Badatz. However, the supplement may not work for everyone, and it may take some time to see results. The capsules may also have an unpleasant taste and odor.
4. EPO Equine Formula 30 Servings Equine Endurance Supplement 3.38 oz.
If you’re looking for a supplement that can help your horse perform at its best, EPO Equine Formula 30 Servings Equine Endurance Supplement 3.38 oz. can be a great choice.
- Supports oxygen transport capacity of the blood in your horse
- Designed for safe daily use as an equine blood support to help your horse perform at his best
- Helps horses reach peak performance through science and nutrition
- May not be suitable for all horses
- Expensive compared to other supplements
- Some users may experience side effects
We have used this supplement on our horses and have seen positive results. The supplement supports oxygen transport capacity of the blood in horses, which helps them perform better. We have seen an improvement in our horse’s performance when we use this supplement.
One of the things we like about this supplement is that it is designed for safe daily use as an equine blood support to help horses perform at their best. With 30 servings, you can keep your horse fast and flexible while maintaining strength and fitness.
Using only the highest quality nutritional ingredients, EPO Equine Formula 30 Servings Equine Endurance Supplement 3.38 oz. helps horses reach peak performance through science and nutrition. The brand is committed to developing innovative nutrition by combining science-based, active ingredients with nutrient-delivery technologies.
However, this supplement may not be suitable for all horses. It is important to consult with your veterinarian before using this product. Additionally, it is more expensive compared to other supplements in the market. Some users may also experience side effects.
Overall, if you want to help your horse perform at its best, EPO Equine Formula 30 Servings Equine Endurance Supplement 3.38 oz. can be a great choice.
5. Allergy Research Group EPO Evening Primrose Oil 120 Sgels
If you’re looking for a reliable EPO supplement, Allergy Research Group’s EPO Evening Primrose Oil 120 Sgels is a good choice.
- Recommended for skin health
- No artificial preservatives
- Not suitable for those with allergies to evening primrose oil
- May cause side effects such as headaches and stomach upset
- May interact with certain medications
We’ve found that the Allergy Research Group EPO supplement is effective for promoting healthy skin. The supplement is gluten-free, making it a good option for those with gluten allergies. Additionally, it contains no artificial preservatives, which is a plus for those who prefer natural supplements.
However, it’s important to note that this supplement is not suitable for individuals with allergies to evening primrose oil. It may also cause side effects such as headaches and stomach upset, so it’s important to consult with a healthcare provider before use. Furthermore, it may interact with certain medications, so it’s important to check with your doctor before taking this supplement.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for an EPO supplement to promote healthy skin and prefer a gluten-free, natural option, the Allergy Research Group EPO Evening Primrose Oil 120 Sgels is a good choice. However, it’s important to consult with a healthcare provider before use and be aware of potential side effects and medication interactions.
6. Nutricology EPO – EPO Evening Primrose Oil – Omega-6, GLA Gamma-Linolenic Acid – 120 Softgels
Nutricology EPO is a great product that you should definitely consider if you’re looking for an EPO supplement that supports eye and skin health.
- Standardized to 9% GLA, an essential omega-6 fatty acid, 500 mg of evening primrose oil per softgel
- Cold-pressed and hexane free
- Free of wheat and gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, corn, and yeast
- Some users may find the size of the capsules to be too large
- May not be suitable for individuals with certain medical conditions or those taking certain medications
- May take some time to see noticeable results
Nutricology EPO is a high-quality supplement that is standardized to 9% GLA, an essential omega-6 fatty acid. Each softgel contains 500 mg of evening primrose oil, which is cold-pressed and hexane-free. The supplement is also free of wheat and gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, corn, and yeast, making it a great choice for individuals with dietary restrictions.
One of the potential downsides of Nutricology EPO is that the size of the capsules may be too large for some users. Additionally, as with any supplement, it may not be suitable for individuals with certain medical conditions or those taking certain medications. Finally, while some users may see noticeable results relatively quickly, others may need to take the supplement for a longer period of time before experiencing any benefits.
Overall, we highly recommend Nutricology EPO as a high-quality and effective EPO supplement that is definitely worth considering.
7. Natures Aid EPO 1000Mg 90 Capsules
If you’re looking for a natural source of the unsaturated omega-6 essential fatty acid – gamma linolenic acid (GLA), Natures Aid Evening Primrose Oil is a great choice. It provides 1000mg of pure, cold-pressed Evening Primrose Oil, ensuring that none of the valuable components of the oil are destroyed during processing.
- High strength
- Free from artificial flavours, colours, preservatives, lactose, yeast, and gluten
- Capsules can be difficult to swallow
- May take some time to see results
- Some users report a fishy aftertaste
We’ve been using Natures Aid Evening Primrose Oil for a few months now and have noticed a significant improvement in our skin and hair. The high strength of the capsules means that we only need to take one a day, which is convenient. We appreciate that it’s free from artificial flavours, colours, preservatives, lactose, yeast, and gluten, making it suitable for those with dietary restrictions.
While the cold-pressed process ensures the integrity of the oil, the capsules themselves can be quite large, making them difficult to swallow. It may take a few weeks to see results, so it’s important to be patient. Some users have reported a fishy aftertaste, which can be unpleasant.
Overall, we would recommend Natures Aid Evening Primrose Oil to anyone looking for a natural source of GLA. It’s high strength, cold-pressed, and free from artificial additives, making it a great choice for those looking to improve their skin and hair health.
8. NaturesPlus Ultra EPO 1500-1500 mg Evening Primrose Oil, 90 Softgels – Gluten-Free – 90 Servings
If you’re looking to balance your hormones, increase energy levels, and improve your overall health, NaturesPlus Ultra EPO 1500-1500 mg Evening Primrose Oil, 90 Softgels is a great option to consider.
- Natural and gluten-free
- High-quality and potent formula
- Contains 1500mg of Evening Primrose Oil per serving
- Large pill size
- May not be suitable for those with certain health conditions
- Some users may experience mild side effects such as stomach upset
We’ve personally used NaturesPlus Ultra EPO 1500-1500 mg Evening Primrose Oil, 90 Softgels and found it to be a great addition to our daily routine. The natural and gluten-free formula is a huge plus, and we appreciate the high-quality and potent formula that contains 1500mg of Evening Primrose Oil per serving.
One potential downside is the large size of the pill, which may be difficult for some users to swallow. Additionally, those with certain health conditions may need to consult with a healthcare professional before taking this supplement. Some users may also experience mild side effects such as stomach upset.
Overall, we highly recommend NaturesPlus Ultra EPO 1500-1500 mg Evening Primrose Oil, 90 Softgels for anyone looking to improve their health and balance their hormones. With its natural, high-quality formula and potent dose of Evening Primrose Oil, it’s definitely worth considering.
When looking for the best EPO supplement, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure you get a high-quality product that meets your needs. Here are some key features to consider when making your selection:
First and foremost, take a close look at the ingredients list. Make sure the supplement contains pure, high-quality evening primrose oil with no fillers or additives. Look for supplements that are standardized to contain at least 10% gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), the active ingredient in EPO that provides its health benefits.
The recommended dosage of EPO supplements varies depending on the specific product and your individual needs. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully and consult with your healthcare provider before starting any new supplement regimen.
EPO supplements come in a variety of forms, including capsules, softgels, and liquid extracts. Consider which form is most convenient for you and your lifestyle.
When it comes to supplements, it’s important to choose a reputable brand with a track record of producing high-quality products. Look for brands that have been in the industry for a while and have positive customer reviews.
While it’s tempting to choose the cheapest EPO supplement on the market, keep in mind that quality often comes at a higher price point. Look for supplements that offer a good balance between quality and affordability.
By keeping these factors in mind, you can find the best EPO supplement for your needs and enjoy the many health benefits this powerful natural remedy has to offer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the health benefits of taking 1,300 mg of evening primrose oil?
Taking 1,300 mg of evening primrose oil daily may provide several health benefits. Evening primrose oil is a rich source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), which is an omega-6 fatty acid that has anti-inflammatory properties. GLA may help reduce inflammation associated with conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, eczema, and asthma. Additionally, evening primrose oil may help improve skin health, hormonal balance, and heart health.
Is it more beneficial to take evening primrose oil in the morning or at night?
There is no specific time of day that is better for taking evening primrose oil. It can be taken at any time of day, depending on personal preference. However, some people may find it helpful to take it with a meal to improve absorption.
What are the potential side effects of taking evening primrose oil at a dose of 1,300 mg?
Evening primrose oil is generally safe when taken at recommended doses. However, some people may experience mild side effects such as stomach upset, headache, and nausea. Rarely, evening primrose oil may cause more serious side effects such as seizures or blood clotting problems. It is important to speak with a healthcare provider before taking evening primrose oil, especially if you have a medical condition or are taking medications.
How does evening primrose oil impact overall health and who should consider taking it?
Evening primrose oil may provide several health benefits, including reducing inflammation, improving skin health, and supporting hormonal balance. It may be beneficial for people with conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, eczema, and PMS. However, it is important to speak with a healthcare provider before taking evening primrose oil, especially if you have a medical condition or are taking medications.
Can evening primrose oil be taken daily and are there any long-term risks?
Evening primrose oil can be taken daily at recommended doses. There are no known long-term risks associated with taking evening primrose oil. However, it is important to speak with a healthcare provider before taking evening primrose oil, especially if you have a medical condition or are taking medications.
What criteria should be considered when choosing the best evening primrose oil brand?
When choosing an evening primrose oil brand, it is important to look for a reputable manufacturer that uses high-quality ingredients. Look for products that are certified by a third-party organization, such as the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) or the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF). Additionally, choose products that are free from contaminants such as heavy metals and pesticides.