For advertising information about The Georgia Straight and straight.com, contact:
Vancouver Free Press Publishing Corp.
1701 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6J 1Y3
DEADLINES: Booking & Copy
- Distribution day is Thursday
- Ad booking deadline is 3 pm Monday prior to publication
- Ad copy and artwork must be submitted by 5 pm Monday. This includes all digital material (via e-mail, FTP, or disk) requiring modification and/or output
- For advertisers requiring proofs, copy and artwork must be submitted by 3 pm Friday
- Corrections deadline is 12 pm Tuesday
- Early deadlines apply for statutory holidays. Ask your advertising representative for details.
- Rates are net.
- All colour must be booked by 2 pm Friday prior to publication
- Pantone match and four-colour process are available
- Please call for Black Plus One Additional Colour and Four-colour Process prices.
- Printed offset, tabloid format
- Printed image size: 9.8” x 14.9”
- Number of columns: 5
- Allow for 10-20% dot gain.
- Specific placement is available for ads Mod G or larger. Please contact your advertising consultant for premium placement information.
|Mod Sizes (width x height)|
9.8” x 14.9”
9.8” x 11.08”
5.84” x 14.9”
9.8” x 7.35”
5.84” x 11.08”
3.85” x 14.9”
5.84” x 9.87”
3.85” x 11.08”
5.84” x 7.35”
3.85” x 9.87”
3.85” x 7.35”
5.84” x 4.82”
1.87” x 14.9"
5.84” x 3.61”
3.85” x 4.82”
1.87” x 9.87”
3.85” x 3.61”
1.87” x 7.35”
5.84” x 2.35”
1.87” x 4.82”
3.85” x 2.35”
1.87” x 3.61”
1.87” x 2.35”
|Banner 1 |
9.8” x 4.82”
9.8” x 3.61”
7.82” x 11.08”
|Double Page Spread|
20.3" x 14.9". Non-standard sizes will be considered
- Free ad production is provided when ads are booked and material received within deadlines
- Ads produced by the Georgia Straight must be booked in one of the standard modular sizes
- Where ad production is not required by the Georgia Straight production department digital material is the preferred format
- Artwork submitted for design of ad material must be of a suitable quality: preferred image resolution 300 DPI and 1200 DPI for lineart
- Allow for 10-20% dot gain. Acceptable file formats: pdf, jpg, tiff, ai, eps, Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Quark, all with embedded support files and fonts and/or fonts converted to outlines
- Maximum total ink capacity for CMYK is 260%.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
- All new advertisers must pre-pay in advance of publication until credit is established
- Advertisers requesting credit must fill out a Georgia Straight credit application. If credit is approved, payment must be received within 30 days
- Invoices are mailed weekly, accompanied by tear sheets
- Overdue accounts will be charged 1.5% per month on the balance owing
- Advertisers who terminate a contract before its expiry date will be billed retroactively at the appropriate rate for any ads already purchased
- All contracted rates are subject to change upon 30 days’ notice
- Ads for which material is received after deadline will be invoiced a late production charge.
- Ads booked, produced, and subsequently cancelled, as well as any and all revisions to ads or proofs made after deadline, will be invoiced at full graphics rates.
- All advertisements are subject to the approval of the Publisher
- The Publisher reserves the right to accept or reject any advertisement or part thereof, and to insert the word advertisement or its abbreviation to clearly identify any advertisement.
- Paid positioning may be reviewed by the Publisher at any time. If a contracted paid position becomes unavailable for any reason, the Advertiser will be offered an alternative position at the same price. If the alternative position is not accepted, the contract may be cancelled without penalty to either Advertiser or Publisher
- Advertisers and Advertising Agencies assume liability for all contents including text, illustrations and photography and for any claim made against Vancouver Free Press Publishing Corporation, the Georgia Straight, or its agents. The advertiser agrees to indemnify the Publisher for any costs or damage incurred as a result of publishing any advertisement that subjects the Publisher to liability
- The Publisher does not accept liability for any error or inaccuracy in repeat advertisements if not reported in writing prior to 1pm the Monday before publication date. Ads that are cancelled after 5pm the Monday before publication will be invoiced for space booked and any applicable production charges
- The liability of the Publisher for damage arising out of errors in advertisements is limited to the amount paid for the space occupied by the portion of the advertisement where the error occurred. The liability is limited whether such an error is due to the negligence of Georgia Straight employees or otherwise
- The Publisher does not accept liability for any error or inaccuracy caused by the printers or printing of the Georgia Straight, beyond the amount actually paid for the advertisement.
- The liability of the Publisher for damage arising out of non-insertion of any advertisement is limited to the amount paid for the space occupied by the advertisement, whether it is due to the negligence of the Publisher’s employees or otherwise
- The Publisher is not responsible for restitution for any errors in advertisements if not reported in writing within 30 days of the date shown on the invoice for the advertisement in which the error may have occurred.
- Advertisers who terminate a contract before completion will be subject to retroactive billing at the insertion rate corresponding to the actual number of ads run
- The Publisher does not recognize verbal agreements between its Advertising Representatives and Advertisers
- All advertising agreements must be in writing and signed by Management
- Due to press variance there may be a size difference of + or - 3%