5 things to take away from #OmtheBridge
There are some important political lessons in the cancellation of a summer-solstice yogathon on the Burrard Bridge.
Here are just five of them.
1. In a social-media world, premiers can't do whatever they want anymore.
2. Don't put $150,000 of taxpayers' money into publicity stunts that will promote the interests of corporations on National Aboriginal Day.
3. The public usually gets far more riled up over something simple and easy to understand—like a bridge closure—than it will ever get about something more complicated, like the impact of rising greenhouse gases on B.C. salmon runs.
4. Premiers shouldn't go on Twitter to stoke a controversy and poke fun at their critics.
5. Never mess with Raffi. Many of his fans are now old enough to vote.
Jun 12, 2015 at 3:19pm
Maybe a highschool diploma just isn't enough education for a provincial premier in the 21st Century?
Jun 12, 2015 at 11:45pm
Raffi should just piss off now. Jane Fonda will take over this week.
Ministry of Health Scandal Public Inquiry Now
Jun 14, 2015 at 2:04am
Christy's got horrible character is what this episode shows.
And all she cares about is her fellow corporate pigs no matter what spiritual tradition she abuses (see her ignorant Good Friday tweet to prove that she never encountered Jesus' dictum, "Thy will be done, not mine").
Wealth without virtue is no harmless pair.
It's time that the public get to the bottom of this gross health scandal mess now.
Mike de Jong was the Minister of Health at the time. Time to put him on the stand under oath and hear his explanation fully over what happened that lead to the suicide of a Phd Co-op student in Victoria.
Time get Christy on the stand now! Stop wasting time media! Get on them to tell us what happened now. Hold their feet to the fire. I want to know in details who did what when. Court case, judges, what was actually going on with this health data.
I want answers now!!!!!!
Jun 15, 2015 at 3:47pm
Pathetic losers bully yoga event on the Internet. That's all this was.
Jun 17, 2015 at 12:41am
I think you mean pathetic "winners."
Raffi's got tiger blood!